Friday, July 19, 2013

Details - Manufacturer Plate

The media blasting and powder coating destroyed the old manufacturer's plate/tag on the frame's steering head tube.  I was fortunate to be able to locate a reproduction - a very good quality reproduction on an aluminum base with 3M adhesive.

Here's the new reproduction plate:


Here's the plate installed in the proper location on the frame:


I have an old frame with (yes, I have a third frame) with an intact mfg. plate that I used to measure the plate's location so I could position it in the correct factory location on the bike.

CHP Motorsports (Hondaminitrail) supplied the reproduction plate/tag.


I was also able to obtain NOS keys - the key on the left is the one that was still with the blue SL90 (44 years of wear and tear) and the two to the right are the "new" keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!