Sunday, September 28, 2014

Brake Pedal (and why I love Evapo-Rust)


I was very happy to find a nice shiny brake pedal assembly in my vat of Evapo-Rust.  After rinsing the assembly I decided to install it.  The rusty assembly at the bottom of the photo is typical for an SL90 brake pedal.  The dipped assembly wasn't quite as bad, but it did have quite a lot of rust under the pedal and at the mounting points.


Here's the installed brake assembly showing how the return spring sits.  There is a collar insert (bushing) that goes inside the pivot point on the brake arm (I'll have to photograph one for an example).  Grease it liberally before installing the brake pedal assembly.  You have to "thumb wrestle" the assembly into position as the spring wants to fight you all the way.  


Here's the view from the top.  Not a bad fit - I'll hook up the old rusty brake rod on my "roller" wheel to see if the pedal needs any adjusting (tweaking).  



Brake switch and spring installed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!