Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Engine Test Fit

I finished the wiring harness and tested it - it should work fine.  The RTL  barrel connector crimper works great and made the job easy.  I'm still waiting on the chrome plater to finish my handlebars and miscellaneous parts, so, while I'm waiting, I decided to install an engine in the Red SL90 and do a compression check.


So far to good - engine checks out ok and the installation went smoothly.  Unfortunately, one of my shock absorbers decided to puke out it's oil, so I had to replace the shock with one of my spares.  By the way, 45 year old shock absorber oil smells really bad!  I think I may replace all of my SL90 shocks with after-market sets. 

The engine I installed could use some cosmetic work.  Fortunately, I have spare cases to polish/paint.  I'm busy tearing down the old engine to get the cases ready.  In the meantime, the installed engine will have to remain "as is".



Here's the bike in the daylight - it's a little progress!


Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!