1) It's a simple bike to work on
2) It's fun to ride
3) It has more power and tuning capability than the new Yamaha SR400
4) It cost a lot less than a 2015 SR500 or a Royal Enfield for that matter
4) I won't feel bad about doing some mild customization on a used bike
5) The SR500 I found had some nice modifications already completed, like wire wheels, extra oil feed line to the head, drilled rotor
So, I've added a non-Honda to the collection...
I may pop in some photos of the SR500 as I modify it (either that or start a new blog)
Update: I made some minor modifications.