Monday, July 27, 2015

Bits and Pieces


Well, no offers came in on the black frame, so I've added some bits and pieces to it.  My idea is to build another bike using my spare parts.  I had some SL100 parts in the bin and since the top bridge of my last SL90 triple tree was cracked, I replaced it with an SL100 top bridge.  The SL100 triple tree top bridge interchanges with the SL90 (it fits!), but the SL100 bridge has mounts for a speedometer.  No worries, I had what looks like a set of SL100 fork covers, complete with a headlight bucket in the parts bin, so I installed them on the SL100.  I also added the spare rear fender I had as well.  After looking through my parts, I also decided to install the low sport handlebars.  I'm starting to think this might make a neat little street tracker project (maybe?).   At any rate, the idea is to build it with as few new/replacement parts as possible, thus cleaning out my garage.  Here's what it looks like with the handlebars, fork covers, headlight bucket and rear fender:






I did make a frustrating discovery when I attempted to install the kickstand (side stand).  The spare kickstand that I had must have been broken sometime in the past and repaired by welding.  The mounting point (loop) is backwards.   If you mount the kickstand, it will not work (unless you mount it backwards).   So, I will have to cut and weld the mounting point back on in the proper position - drat!!   Here's the kick stand - it's backwards...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!