Friday, December 4, 2015

One Sold, One Purchased

I was able to sell my Honda CB1100F and it went to a good home.  After looking at several single cylinder "thumpers", I decided to go with a 1978 Yamaha SR500.  My rationale was:

1) It's a simple bike to work on
2) It's fun to ride
3) It has more power and tuning capability than the new Yamaha SR400
4) It cost a lot less than a 2015 SR500 or a Royal Enfield for that matter
4) I won't feel bad about doing some mild customization on a used bike
5) The SR500 I found had some nice modifications already completed, like wire wheels, extra oil feed line to the head, drilled rotor


So, I've added a non-Honda to the collection...






Since this is a Honda SL90 blog, I will return to the regularly scheduled program of SL90's.
I may pop in some photos of the SR500 as I modify it (either that or start a new blog)

Update: I made some minor modifications.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!