Friday, September 19, 2014

Sanding...

Unfortunately, I was sick most of the month of July and part of August, which slowed down my red SL90 project.  I'm back on it now! 



I have a spare SL90 frame (doesn't everybody have one?) which comes in handy as a sanding "bench" for my project's gas tank.  I filled in all of the pock marks and started the process of sanding and smoothing.  I'm pretty pleased with the results and I'll have the gas tank, fenders and side cover ready for a coat of paint in two days.  


It looks worse than it is in this photo...


While I was at it, I added an old school, 1960's document tube to my blue Sl90 for carrying the registration and insurance papers.  I mounted the tube behind the license plate to avoid covering up the vintage dealer plate bracket and/or registration tag.  It works nicely (no more opening up the battery side cover to get to the papers).


I also had the head for my red SL90 ported, courtesy of a CJMC member and I picked up this enhanced performance camshaft from DrATV.  It's a longer duration cam.  So,now I need to bore out the cylinder to get a little bit more performance out of the engine.

Next up, rebuilding a set of forks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!