Thursday, December 12, 2013

Ride Time



December 

The weather has been cold and dry - the afternoons are warm enough to get some ride time in.  I've been doing the engine break-in, checking the nuts and bolts, tightening and re-torquing if needed.


I had to do make quite a few adjustments to get the carburation just right - the jetting and needle settings were about to drive me crazy.  Fortunately, by making one change at a time, I was able to get the carburetor dialed in and my bike is running smoothly. 


I've not done much work on my red SL90 project.  I was able to locate a NOS wiring harness and handlebar set, plus some other needed parts like fork seals.  I'll most likely get back to the red bike after the Christmas season.  For now, I'm enjoying riding my blue SL90 and getting it all set and dialed in.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!