Sunday, November 2, 2014

Shocking!




I've been using CT90 (at least I think they are for a CT90) shock absorbers for my red SL90 project.  I don't particularly like the look of them as they are smaller diameter than the stock SL90 shocks.  You can see the difference in the photo (above), the SL90 shock on the right is definitely beefer than the shock on the left that was on my red SL90 until today...



Here are photos of the stock shock absorbers installed on my red SL90 project.  The shock looks pretty good after a EvapoRust bath and a little polishing. Now I have some nice CT90 shocks on the shelf for another project. 



The shock on the left side looks better than the shock on the right (exhaust side).  It has some scuffs and dings and had some corrosion on the coil that left it a little pitted.  I'm soaking another shock in EvapoRust to see if it turns out better.  I've seen some NOS shock coils for sale out of Thailand.  I'm tempted to buy them and disassemble my 3 SL90 shocks to build two nice looking shocks out of the parts.  The NOS coils are a little pricey...  I'll have to consider it carefully.  This bike is essentially being built out of spare parts from my Blue SL90 project and I'd like to keep within my budget for this bike.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!